Please note that these rule changes will be valid as of the first game of the 2018/2019 season.
Most important changes:
- throw-in violations and delays during the last 2 minutes of the game
- “dribbling” against the backboard
- 24/14 seconds rule
- double fouls
- fighting situations – more precisely concerning players leaving the bench area
- throw-in after an unsportsmanlike or disqualifying foul
Regarding 24 seconds:
- 24 seconds device shall show 1/10th of a second during the last 5 seconds – Mandatory for the 2019/2020 season!
Regarding Basketball Equipment/Shot clock device:
- May be equipped with lighting around its perimeter (optional), which lights up in red only when the game clock signal sounds for the end of a period. (Not mandatory but recommended for Total League)
- May be equipped with lighting along its perimeter at the top (optional), which lights up in yellow only when the shot clock signal sounds and be mounted directly below the red lighting for the game clock. (Not mandatory but recommended for Total League)
- To have the shot clock display with two units with double sided surface to be visible to everyone in the game. (Cube – not needed in Luxembourg)